please make sure you have 'xdiagnose' installed, and then run 'apport-
collect 1071395'

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Xorg freeze when unplugging AC power

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  This is happening very frequently. I use dual external monitors with
  my laptop. When the laptop battery has charged, I unplug the AC cable.
  This results in both screens going black for a second or two and then
  resuming. However, every so often, approximately 1 in 3 times, the
  screen is frozen when it returns. I see the desktop but nothing is
  clickable, the mouse moves but I cannot select anything.

  Pressing CTRL + ALT + F1 and attempting to restart Unity, always
  fails, although I do sometimes  get the keyboard back (i.e. I can open
  a terminal via the keyboard and enter commands, but the result is the
  same - the desktop proper does not re-appear). The only solution is to
  kill Xorg or a hard reset.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu4
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6