OK, I just discovered that the up & down arrow keys cycle the user
accounts, but they do not cycle the log-in method! For that you need to
use the tab key!

How do you get access to the accessibility drop-down menu on the to bar?

Same for the keyboard/language selection?

Also why no 'F1' for help on any of this? If it were
obvious/discoverable using the tab key that would not be needed, but
there seems to be a non-obvious mix of methods and some I have not been
able to discover yet (as noted above).

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  lightdm shutdown opens a window without focus

Status in Unity Greeter:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity-greeter” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity-greeter” source package in Precise:

  [Impact]
  Users cannot shutdown from the greeter screen using only the keyboard.  This
means that some users that rely on accessibility features cannot shutdown from
the greeter at all.  (or devices that don't have a pointer at all)

  [Test Case]
  1) Go to the greeter.
  2) Press F10.
  3) Press Down and Enter to select "Shut Down"
  4) Try to press tab, or left and right, to select the buttons in the dialog
that pops up

  [Regression Potential]
  A potential fix may cause problems restoring focus to the user list after the
dialog disappears.  Or maybe issues with the onscreen keyboard staying on top
of the screen as we move focus around.