This bug was fixed in the package nvidia-prime - 0.5

---------------
nvidia-prime (0.5) trusty; urgency=low

  * debian/control:
    - Depend on bbswitch-dkms and upstart.
    - Depend on lightdm (>= 1.9.1).
    - Build only for i386 and amd64.
  * debian/install.in:
    - Install the new components.
  * debian/nvidia-prime.upstart:
    - Make sure that NVIDIA is always enabled on shutdown.
      This will avoid issues with the BIOS.
    - Make sure that bbswitch does not disable nvidia when
    - Set up xorg.conf on boot.
  * debian/preinst.in:
    - Create a display-stopped-script entry in lightdm.conf.
    - Create /etc/lightdm/hybrid_default.
  * debian/postinst.in:
    - Remove it.
  * debian/postrm.in:
    - Remove /etc/lightdm/hybrid_default on package removal.
    - Remove the display-stopped-script entry from
      lightdm.conf.
    - Restore the non-prime related alternative on removal.
  * New upstream release:
    - Improved hardware detection. The package won't change
      anything if the hardware configuration is not
      supported. We only support laptops with NVIDIA
      optimus hardware and nvidia driver >= 319
      (LP: #1249067).
    - More robust system to deal with xorg.conf. Broken
      xorg.conf files will be automatically restored to
      a configuration that works with hybrid graphics.
      Whether on boot or on log out, we always try to make
      sure that the system is configured correctly.
    - Added prime-select switcher to switch between the
      integrated and the discrete GPU. This allows users
      to disable the discrete GPU to save power. Users'
      settings are now saved and applied on log out and
      on boot.
    - Added a quirk system to pass custom options to the
      bbswitch module (see /etc/prime-quirks).
 -- Alberto Milone <alberto.mil...@canonical.com>   Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:23:32
+0100

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  nvidia prime causes freeze at start up

Status in “nvidia-prime” package in Ubuntu:

  I believe nvidia-prime modified my xorg.conf to use intel during boot.
  I had to remove xorg.conf to enable my system to boot to unity again.
  I've attached the file that caused the problem.

  My system has onboard intel graphics on the motherboard, and a
  beefcake nvidia card to which my monitors are connected.

  Package: nvidia-prime 0.4.2~hybrid0.0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-33.48~precise1-generic 3.8.13.11
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-33-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Nov  8 06:07:51 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20130820.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron: