** Description changed:

  Not sure if this is on unity-greeter (might be on nautilus or gnome-
- session or compiz...).
+ session...).

  Since saucy, after I log in the background stays fixed on the one from
  the greeter (with the Ubuntu 13.10 banner on the bottom). It takes about
  5 seconds or more for my custom background to be drawn and Unity to be
  displayed.

  This is particularly funny under gnome-session-flashback, since the
  panels load quite fast (I can launch applications and stuff), but the
- indicators and background take a really long time to load (I can see
- indicator-keyboard, but not others and I cannot right click on the
- desktop).
+ indicators and background take a really long time to load. I can see
+ indicator-keyboard and indicator-messages, but not the others. I cannot
+ right click on the desktop and Startup Applications haven't kicked in.
+
+ With:
+   Unity - The Launcher and Panel and background take a while to load, when
they it's at the same time.
+
+   Flashback metacity - The panels load quickly and I can launch
+ applications, but the background, most indicators and Startup
+ Applications take a considerable time to load.
+
+   Flashback compiz - Same as above but the panel needs little more time
+ to load.

  Package: unity-greeter 14.04.1-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-4.19-generic 3.13.0-rc8
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-4-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.13.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha i386 (20140113)
  SourcePackage: unity-greeter

[...]

+ Applications take a considerable time to load. (Maybe gnome-session or
+ nautilus?)

-   Flashback compiz - Same as above but the panel needs little more time
+   Flashback compiz - Same as above but the panel needs little more time
  to load.

  Package: unity-greeter 14.04.1-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-4.19-generic 3.13.0-rc8
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-4-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.13.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha i386 (20140113)
  SourcePackage: unity-greeter

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  Session takes a long time to load

Status in “unity-greeter” package in Ubuntu: