I did this test twice now, using Chromium 98.0.4758.102 snap, firstly
with a VM and then with the host system.

Gladly, everything worked correctly: no system crash on the host and the
file was uploaded successfully to the GCP instance (sha256 matched).

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Sending file to GCP using SSH window from Google Cloud Platform
  freezes and corrupts both local and remote systems

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  I started setting a Factorio server on Google Cloud Platform. I opened
  a SSH session using the button on the Google Cloud Platform page, the
  page opened, the session started and then I chose the save file to
  upload (choosing the gear on top right and then upload file).

  It's a 64 MB save. After 2% upload, the local system freezes entirely.
  Nothing responds, even REISUB don't work any more. After forcefully
  shutting down the local computer, on the next boot, the local
  computer's root file system is corrupted.

  On the remote machine, the file was partially send but it was also
  corrupted.

  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE