** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => ubuntu

** Changed in: ubuntu

  Laptop panel freezes on return from screensaver with external monitor
  attached

Status in Ubuntu:

  My setup is composed of a Dell XPS13 9320, with one (or two) external
  USB-C monitors attached. The laptop panel is the primary screen. I'm
  using gnome on Wayland.

  Everything is working fine, except when resuming from screensaver: the
  prompt for password is shown on the laptop panel, and I start typing
  the password. At this point, the laptop panel freezes. This can happen
  almost immediately (I will see for example two or three dots as I
  typed the first characters of my password) or this can happen a few
  seconds later (meanwhile the screen has been unlocked, the panel shows
  the desktop, then it freezes).

  Interestingly, the external monitors are woken up, desktop is
  unlocked, and will continue working, while the laptop panel is frozen.

  After that, let's say 40% of the time, the panel will un-freeze itself
  after 30 seconds or so. 40% of the time it will remain frozen, and 20%
  of the time the whole display will freeze (including the external
  monitors).

  When it happens, I can recover by either un-plugging / re-plugging one
  of the external monitors, or by typing Ctrl-Alt-F1, then retyping my
  password, then everything is fine again... until the next screen lock.

  This bug is reproducible more or less 50% of the time (one in two
  screen locks causes freezes). Deactivating the dash-to-panel gnome
  extension made it less reproducible, but it still happens.

  I didn't see any interesting error message in the logs, but maybe I
  didn't look at the correct place.

  Package: gdm3 42.0-1ubuntu7
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Oct  3 13:54:42 2022
  ExecutablePath: /usr/libexec/gdm-wayland-session
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>