Sounds like bug 1967488 might've got fixed in the past few months (which
would be great news), worked for a while and then
https://issues.chromium.org/issues/329678163 hit which affects all GPUs
and OS releases.

Also the glitchy rendering after typing is bug 1970389 (if not bug
2059847 on Xorg), but after that I have no more bad news because those
are all the blockers for Wayland on Nvidia:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=nvidia-wayland

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  All Chromium based applications fail to render on Wayland

Status in Chromium Browser:
  Unknown
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  Most of the time (3/4 desktop sessions attempted) all Chromium based
  applications I have tested (Chromium, VS Code, Mattermost) fail to
  render themselves, on actual display panel presenting random garbage,
  and when screenshotted, showing supposedly transparent pixels.

  I have also recorded an example video I can share in case this is of
  use (attached the screenshot with the video).

  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME