Hi Chris,

Damien has been a committer/PMC member of the project since 2014. From time
to time, he has been active in approving/committing changes while
Lewis/myself held the chair in the project. Regarding myself, I don't think
I took over anything after 16 August 2023, I have been approving/committing
to the project since 2016. If you take a close look at our commit history
you will probably see there are a number of PMC members involved in
committing changes to the master, not only me or Damien. We both became
involved in committing changes recently, just because we had availability
over other PMC members. That doesn't mean, other PMC members are not
allowed/encouraged to do commits or I took over Damiens committing Job.

Recently the board has been requesting details on delays on GSOC project PR
approval/merges. ( as per Last few reports ) That's the reason why I took
over the last few commits to the main branch to settle GSoC work. Even
though I approved/committed the work, several other PMC members
participated helping with reviewing the PRs. But that doesn't mean, the
chair is the only person commiting to the main branch.

[1] https://github.com/apache/gora/commits/master/

Regards
Kevin