Melanie,

Your answer for right now then is to run that script from its directory. It
would great if you could open a Jira issue for improvement [1]. If you happen
to update the script to make it more robust that would be a great contribution
back to the community. To do that you would just create a patch file and attach
it to the issue.

Thanks,
Paul

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT