On 11/26/05, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm getting ahead of myself, though. There's _lots_ more to discuss. ;-) To
> get the ball rolling, if everyone else is on board with this, we'll want to
> start, as the proposal suggests, with bringing the code into the Incubator,
> and bringing Patrick and Jason on board. I would hope - and expect - that
> running the Incubator gauntlet should be relatively painless in this case.

For an IP transfer to an existing proposal, there's a special checklist now.

* http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

Once we can confirm that the eight action items are complete, and we're done.

* If applicable, make sure that any associated name does not already
exist and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not
already trademarked for an existing software product.

* Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.

* Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.

* Check that all active committers have a signed CLA on record.

* Remind active committers that they are responsible for ensuring that
a Corporate CLA is recorded if such is is required to authorize their
contributions under their individual CLA.

* Check and make sure that for all items included with the
distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right
to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute.

* Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is
covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
the same terms.

* Has the receiving PMC voted to accept it?