Re-Re-Hi again
I know I am bugging you again but I have another idea.
Personally I don't like using the same <tiles:insert> tag to define attributes in a layout page and to insert templates/definitions/strings: I think the concept of attribute is separated from the rest (it is somewhat like specified a "setXXX" statement in a Java Bean). Moreover if you take a look at InsertTag, attribute handling code is almost separated (except of a set of "if-else if" statements) from definition and template handling. I think that a <tiles:attribute> tag could be created: I think that this way the code of InsertTag (and the future AttributeTag) will be much simpler, and the resulting application code will be more intuitive.
What do you think?

Ciao
Antonio