Hi Konstantin,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:22 AM, <dev-digest-h...@tika.apache.org> wrote:

> Are there Apache projects that depend on Tika which want to be compatible
> with 1.6?

This is an extremely difficult question to even consider. I value my sleep
so I am not going to try and do this research :)

> At least we should ask Solr folks about that, I think.

I don't! Why would we ask Solr? They consume Tika the same as anyone else.
Many projects (Solr 4.X included IIRC) e.g. Cassandra 2.X just jumped to
Java 1.7 meing that users need to upgrade their systems.
1.6 is an old version of Java. There was talk about early release Java 9
JDK's for build slaves not long ago in Oracles offices in Dublin.
Lewis