Simon Laws wrote:
A couple more JIRA have come up recently related to improving policy support. Are there any more big ticket items that people are aware of? Would be good to get the ones people know of on the table in case of overlaps

rationalizing policy extension model - TUSCANY-2541
   We have two extension models a.t.m

definitions.xml processing - TUSCANY-2499
Contribution definitions.xml only processed in the context of the contribution in a node

Related to the previous one - the domain needs to be able to configure nodes more precisely w.r.t appropriate intents/policy sets - no JIRA A.t.m the node just gets what is in the contributions that are part of the import/export hierarchy

"applies to" processing - no JIRA
"Applies to" are only processed right at the start of composite processing. I have a feeling that this causes problems with at least nested composites. Don't have proof of this one though. It just doesn't feel like there might be problems lurking.

Simon

I think it'll help to start with a systematic cleanup of the Policy model interfaces as they're really the base for all the Policy work.

More info in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2553.
--
Jean-Sebastien