Hi folks,

what I would like to do is updating a minimal context tree which is under svn version control ... the problem with the current setup is that

mtxrun mtx-update.lua

deletes all .svn subdirectories in the destination directories it touches for synchronization. This is bad because it completely spoils version control.

However, by supplying the additional flag

--filter="P .svn"

to the rsync command one should be able to sync and still preserve .svn subdirectories. Hence I suggest the following patches to

mtxrun
mtx-update.lua

in order to make the updating process svn friendly:

diff bin/mtxrun bin.orig/mtxrun
9384c9384
< --~                ["flags"]      = "-rpztlv --stats --filter='P .svn'",
---
> --~                ["flags"]      = "-rpztlv --stats",

diff bin/mtx-update.lua bin.orig/mtx-update.lua
459c459
< states.set("rsync.flags.normal", environment.argument("flags"), "-rpztlv --stats --filter='P .svn'", true) -- ok
---
> states.set("rsync.flags.normal", environment.argument("flags"), "-rpztlv --stats", true) -- ok

This works on my machine (Mac OS X 10.5.7). I'm afraid I cannot test this on other platforms at the moment ...

What do you guys think?

Best,
Oliver