On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 21:32, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17 2010, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> Why don't put them into a table as is in
>> http://www.lua.org/pil/10.1.html
>
> Ok, now one file defines exactly one "command" table.

For my taste this is better as well.

A few random comments from externalfigure:
- Despite the fact that the command name is known from filename,
wouldn't it be nice to have externalfigure string defined somewhere?
- It is not really needed, but it helps when cross-referencing: I
would nevertheless leave the [1] = {...}, [2] = {...} for arguments
- The following:
    settings = {
        inherit = "useexternalfigure",
        -- n = 3 not needed, since one command has only one settings-option
    },
is a bit weird to me. Why not putting the "inherit" already under
arguments above? And yes, you probably do need to tell from which
argument of \useexternalfigure you want to inherit the settings.
- If all the three arguments are optional, it's a bit difficult to
tell what combination of arguments is allowed, so it might make sense
to be a bit more verbose in that (to tell somehow that for example
only 123 and 23 and 3 is allowed, but not 13 for example), but this is
not too important.

Mojca