On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:54 AM, Martin Thomson <m...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:12 AM,  <mar...@marcosc.com> wrote:
> > some people believe that web applications should be "installable"
>
> I don't subscribe to that theory.  The web is comprised of pages, not
> apps.  (I mostly agree with Alex, but not regarding the perceived need
> for "app discoverability"; I hear Google has a way to solve that
> problem.)

As long as platforms exist with homescreens and other inventories of
"installed apps", of which the browser is one, it seems worthwhile to me to
support adding Web apps to those inventories so they're peers of native
apps instead of having to go through a level of indirection by launching a
browser, making them second-class.

We can argue that such platforms shouldn't exist, but we also have to work
with the reality that they do.

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto