On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:41 AM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylves...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Any questions, comments?

This whitepaper on Infer is an interesting read:
https://fbcdn-dragon-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t39.2365-6/10935986_985284008163608_743666691_n/Moving_Fast_with_Software_Verification.pdf
(misleading title though).
(Apart from the comments about the tool, I like the observation that mobile
app development is a problem for Facebook compared to Web because they have
to support old versions of their app.)
One of the key things in that paper, which I've claimed for a while, is
that the real value of static analysis tools for developers like us is to
apply them at code review time. That's when developers are motivated to
clean up, explain, and fix their code, and when it's cheapest to do so. So
I'm looking forward to having support in Mozreview for automated drive-by
reviews, and then it would be really valuable to adapt these tools to do
such reviews --- at least as valuable as running them over the whole
codebase.

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto