I thought there was also a legitimate use-case for displaying content "life
size", e.g. if you wanted to draw a ruler on a tablet.

But if the CSSWG doesn't agree after all this time, just drop it I guess.

(Though I think there's something slightly broken about how Web developer
needs are bubbling up to WGs. For example GeometryUtils hasn't been
implemented by other browsers, who apparently detect no pressure from Web
developers to solve the use-cases it solves, e.g. computing px offsets
between arbitrary elements even if they're in a DOM subtree with a scale
transform. Yet I ran into that problem pretty quickly while coding a Web
UI. Maybe I'm just strange...)

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto