The Fission team plans to start a small Fission experiment in 88 Beta, which will likely run through 89 Beta. The experiment will be just 10% (5% Fission + 5% control).

I know 89 is the Proton MR1 release. I've confirmed with the Proton PMs that they do not mind Fission running an experiment during 89 Beta, as long as we are just continuing the same experiment we started in 88 Beta and we keep the experiment at 10%.

Our Fission Nightly experiment has been running for months without any major stability or perf issues. We just increased our Fission Nightly experiment to 100% (50% Fission + 50% control) during 88 Nightly.

If you have questions or concerns, please email me or drop by the #fission channel in Matrix or Slack.

chris