Julien Pierre wrote:
What purpose are you using the digital signatures for in your application ? That may help determine the right usage to check .

A blob of data will be signed and sent out over a network to another system running the same application and the signature will need to be verified on the other end. It has nothing to do with S/MIME and email. That's why I wasn't sure if "email signing" was the right usage to check. Object signing is more like code signing, right?

Thanks for insight on the return usage parameter. In my particular case, I am only checking for the one usage so I can safely ignore the return value.

Dave