Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
> Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
>>> I don't think so.
>>
>> Bummer. Would pushing on a layer to store this kind of stuff in
>> fd->secret be overkill? I have some per-connection information I need
>> to store.
>
> That'll work.  The overhead is a PRFileDesc structure, which consists
> of 5 pointers and one int.   You can also store the per-connection
> information in a PLHashTable.
>
> Wan-Teh

I ended up going with a layer that doesn't define any methods. Seems to
be working ok. I originally assumed the order of the layers and would do
things like: mydata = ssl->lower->secret but later changed it to fetch
the layer by name and retrieve the data directly. I didn't want to
assume that nobody else would push a layer on at some point.

thanks

rob