Hello everybody and thanks for reading.

Many educational institutions, among which there are various Italian
universities, are using X.509 certificates issued by the "Cybertrust
Educational CA" for their websites.
In Italy such certificates are obtained mainly through the GARR Italian
Academic & Research Network, www.garr.it.
The Cybertrust Educational certificate can be found at
http://secure.globalsign.net/cacert/sureserverEDU.pem.
That's in turn signed by the "GTE CyberTrust Global Root" certificate.
Please refer to http://secure.globalsign.net/cacert/ct_root.pem.

While certificates signed by that authority are trusted and seamlessly
accepted by the default installations of Internet Explorer (since
version 6) and now also by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox still doesn't
trust them (not even the latest 3.1 alpha2).

I'm writing to kindly ask you to consider to insert the Cybertrust
Educational certificate in the list of the trusted certificate authorities.
That would be very helpful to all the organizations which use such
certificates for they websites, expecially in view of the growing user
base of Firefox in Italy.

Should you need further details, don' t hesitate to get in touch with me.

Thank you very much for your attention.
--
Fabio