[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote, On 2008-10-13 13:52:

> I have a crypto library which I connect to a Firefox extension using
> Xpcom.  The library generates custom size public and private key pairs
> which I would like to store securely in Firefox.  How would this be
> done?

If I'm not mistaken, Firefox stores only
a) private keys and
b) certificates bearing public keys.
It does not store public keys except inside certificates.

Typical use is to generate a key pair, then generate a signed PKCS#10
certificate signing request (CSR) which contains the public key, and
send that to a CA.  Once sent, the public key is forgotten until the
certificate is received from the CA, bearing that same public key.

Do you have certificates for your public keys?