On 29/12/08 22:07, Nelson B Bolyard wrote:
Eddy Nigg wrote, On 2008-12-29 05:50 PST:
There is now an interest article at "the register":
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/29/ca_mozzilla_cert_snaf/

We here now some words from the house of Comodo:

[snip]

Interesting that Comodo founded the CAB forum and Comodo created a
standard for domain control validation. I wonder where exactly? This
might be reason to join the CAB forum?

Eddy, I wouldn't assume that the text you quoted was a verbatim quote
from anyone at Comodo.  I think it may have been a paraphrase.  The CAB
Forum was founded by the members of the CA forum, which includes a lot of
CAs, so I have little doubt that Comodo really was among the founders of
CABForum.  At least one member of the CABForum has expressed interest in
the Forum setting minimum DV standards.  It remains to be seen if the
Forum as a whole will adopt that task.

As far as I heard, the CABForum was also formed or inspired from a similar group of vendors (browsers) that got together at the invite of the Konqueror guy to talk about phishing one day ...

Question for now:  is the CABForum still a closed group?

iang