Ahh...I did it from my Vista workstation's firefox profile which I knew had the
roots module added.  Nssckbi.dll or libnssckbi.so or whatever it is on a Mac is
a special PKCS#11 module that is read-only and contains the trust anchors.  By
default with an NSS database, it's not added.  You can add it yourself to a new
or existing db using modutil.

mbn ~ # mkdir nss
mbn ~ # cd nss/
mbn nss # nsscertutil -N -d .
Enter a password which will be used to encrypt your keys.
The password should be at least 8 characters long,
and should contain at least one non-alphabetic character.

Enter new password:
Re-enter password:
mbn nss # nssmodutil -list -dbdir .

Listing of PKCS #11 Modules
  1. NSS Internal PKCS #11 Module
         slots: 2 slots attached
        status: loaded

         slot: NSS Internal Cryptographic Services
        token: NSS Generic Crypto Services

         slot: NSS User Private Key and Certificate Services
        token: NSS Certificate DB
mbn nss # nssmodutil -add roots -libfile /usr/lib64/nss/libnssckbi.so -dbdir .

WARNING: Performing this operation while the browser is running could cause
corruption of your security databases. If the browser is currently running,
you should exit browser before continuing this operation. Type
'q <enter>' to abort, or <enter> to continue:

Module "roots" added to database.
mbn nss # nssmodutil -list -dbdir .

Listing of PKCS #11 Modules
  1. NSS Internal PKCS #11 Module
         slots: 2 slots attached
        status: loaded

         slot: NSS Internal Cryptographic Services
        token: NSS Generic Crypto Services

         slot: NSS User Private Key and Certificate Services
        token: NSS Certificate DB

  2. roots
        library name: /usr/lib64/nss/libnssckbi.so
         slots: 1 slot attached
        status: loaded

         slot: NSS Builtin Objects
        token: Builtin Object Token
mbn nss # nsscertutil -L -d . -h all

Certificate Nickname                                         Trust Attributes
                                                             SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

Builtin Object Token:Verisign/RSA Secure Server CA           CG,C,
Builtin Object Token:GTE CyberTrust Root CA                  CG,C,C
Builtin Object Token:GTE CyberTrust Global Root              CG,C,C
<snip> you get the point

(BTW, ignore the "nss" prepended to the beginning of all the commands, I filed
a bug with Gentoo a while back to have the NSS command-line utils be built by
default and they didn't want a binary called "digest" laying around among
others so they prepend "nss" before all the commands.)

At this point you can follow my previous directions.  Sorry I didn't explicitly
mention this piece earlier.

Good luck,
Dave