Eddy Nigg wrote:
> On 01/05/2009 01:36 AM, Nelson B Bolyard:
>> 3. I wonder if the non-developer topics are already within the scope of
>> another extant low-traffic list, namely dev-security (a.k.a.
>> mozilla.dev.security), except that I think the new list does not belong
>> in the "dev" hierarchy.
>
> Ahhhh dev.security...yes, the forgotten step child of crypto. At times
> we used to post there (and cross post to crypto) and don't know why
> crypto became the de-facto list for all CA/SSL/Policy related issues.

Possibly because it's where announcements have historically been made
about the discussion period for included CAs.

Such discussions are both political and technical, and so range across
the two lists.

> BTW, I unsubscribed from all Mozilla mailing lists and use now the
> fabulous NNTP support of Thunderbird. Lightweight, fast and without the
> headache of passwords and subscription preferences. Nelson you can
> deduct one of the "unsubscribes" which was me moving to the news reader.
> I wish there were more mailing lists with NNTP support, I can only
> recommend it.

This sort of thing is why we tried very hard, and continue to try to
make sure that all Mozilla communication channels are available via
HTTP, NNTP and SMTP :-) Different people have very different
preferences. I'm an NNTP person myself.

Gerv