On 11/13/2009 02:20 AM, Konstantin Andreev wrote:

> IMO, "legacydb" can not be considered "legacy" while it is the
> _default_ database for Firefox and Thunderbird.
All the more reason to encourage FF and TB to move away from them;). The
name was chosen quite purposefully.

> Too bad, but nobody except developers and early adopters use SQLite
> backend. The issues with "legacydb" should be considered attentive
> until stock FF and TB will migrate to sqlite NSS backend.
Seriously, these issues, are design issues with the database format
itself. The fix is the new database format. Perhaps I was not aggressive
enough in forcing applications to move away from the old database, but
the fact that there will be little or no new work in the old dbm
database should be a strong incentive to start moving. Certainly the
types of issues you've been describing will not be address.

bob