Am Freitag 19 März 2010 schrieb Mountie Lee:
> May I ask Firefox has plan to support SHA256 in near future or
> URL link for discussion thread?

I have set up a test site with sha256/sha512 certificates and they work pretty
well within all browsers I've tested including firefox. See here:
http://hboeck.de/archives/730-SSL-Certificates-with-SHA256-signature.html

And here:
https://sha2.hboeck.de/
https://sha512.hboeck.de/

The question is: What do you mean with "support SHA256"? SSL uses hash
algorithms at various places, but certificates signed with sha256 + rsa are
well supported by ff and nss.

But for example it's from my knowledge not posssible to get a sha256-
fingerprint of a certificate in firefox.

--
Hanno Böck              Blog:           http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20           Jabber/Mail:    ha...@hboeck.de

http://schokokeks.org - professional webhosting