On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:01:26 -0700
Brian Smith <br...@briansmith.org> wrote:

> It would be great if you could test the new way of doing
> certificate/OCSP verification. To do so, please download Firefox 30
> Nightly from http://nightly.mozilla.org/. After you install it, go to
> about:config and add a new entry:
>
> 1. Right click in the list of preferences and choose New -> Boolean.
> 2. Enter the name security.use_insanity_verification
> 3. Change the value of the new pref to "true."

I did that now with latest nightly and it indeed fixes the issue.

However, I'd really like to stress again that I'd find it a very
worrying signal if this issue will stay unfixed for three more major
firefox versions to come. I'm pretty sure if at some point we want to
get real certificate validation again and advocate for
widespread enabling of OCSP stapling this issue will hit us and prevent
adoption.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/