Kai,

On 10/21/2014 05:31, Kai Engert wrote:
So, let's get this clarified with test results.

I've tested Firefox 34 beta 1.

Because bug 1076983 hasn't landed on the beta branch yet, the current
Firefox 34 beta 1 still has SSL3 enabled.

With this current default configuration (SSL3 enabled), Firefox will
fall back to SSL3.

Then I used about:config and changed security.tls.version.min to 1
(which means TLSv1, thereby disabling SSL3).

With SSL3 disabled, Firefox 34 no longer falls back to SSL3.

When attempting to connect to a SSL3-only server, I see Firefox 34
attempting three connections, with TLS 1.2 {3,3}, TLS 1.1 {3,2} and TLS
1.0 {3,1}, but not SSL3.

That's a lot of fallbacks.
Do we know of TLS 1.0 servers that reject connections with TLS 1.2 or 1.1 in ClientHello instead of falling back to 1.0 ? Or TLS 1.1 servers that reject connections with 1.2 in ClientHello instead of falling back to 1.1 ?

Just how many broken servers are there out there ?

Julien