On 03/18/2016 09:14 AM, Andrew Cagney wrote:
Is it possible to put NSS (softtoken) in FIPS mode (PK11_IsFIPS()) without
a "modutil -fips true" database?

By FIPS mode I guess I really mean confirm that NSS has performed some sort
of FIPS self-check.

An earlier thread mentioned some way of toggling things using
SECMOD_DeleteInternalModule()?
Yes, SECMOD_DeleteInternalModule() is a toggle which switches NSS between FIPS and non-FIPS. If you don't have a database open, or the database is open readOnly, the change only affects the running program.

bob

Andrew