I'm just a systems administrator, not a software developer.  I'm trying to
build NSS 3.25 for Windows from the source code on my work computer.  My work
computer is running Windows 10 1511 Enterprise x64 with 8 GB of RAM.

I'm running into an error message during the build process in the form of a
pop-up dialog box:

---------------------------
shlibsign.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point PR_GetEnvSecure could not be located in the dynamic
link library
c:\build\mozilla-source\nss\cmd\shlibsign\WIN954.0_OPT.OBJ\shlibsign.exe.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

This happens a few minutes into the build process. At the point of the failure,
I am seeing the following files in
C:\build\mozilla-source\dist\WIN954.0_OPT.OBJ\bin\:

* bltest.exe
* example.exe
* fipstest.exe
* mangle.exe
* minigzip.exe
* nspr4.dll
* pcl4.dll
* plds4.dll
* shlibsign.exe

The reason I'm trying to build NSS is so I can obtain a recent version of the
NSS certutil utility for use with scripting the import of several internal root
CA certificates into the Firefox profiles of our Windows users that have
Firefox already deployed.  I've learned that the most recent NSS version for
which Mozilla supplies Windows binaries is 3.11 and that only source code is
supplied after this version.

I located Mozilla's guidance for setting up a build environment on Windows and
building NSS:

* https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/NSS/Building
*
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Windows_Prerequisites

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2015 with the Common Tools for Visual C++
2015 add-on and the latest version of the MozillaBuild tools available from the
following page:  https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozillaBuild.

I'm launching the build environment from an elevated command prompt and using
the start-shell-msvc2015.bat command.

I also tried building NSS 3.23 and 3.24 with the exact same result.

I also tried to set up an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine and build from there but
had far less success.  It only runs for a couple seconds before displaying the
following:

----------------

In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:0,
     from ../../config/now.c:6:
/usr/include/features.h:367:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated
../../config/rules.mk:446: recipe for target 'now.o' failed
make[2]: *** [now.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/<username>/Documents/nss-3.25/nspr/WIN954.0__OPT.OBJ/config'
../config/rules.mk:163: recipe for target 'export' failed
make[1]: *** [export] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/<username>/Documents/nss-3.25/nspr/WIN954.0__OPT.OBJ'
Makefile:128: recipe for target 'build_nspr' failed
make: *** [build_nspr] Error 2

Again, I'm not a software developer. I do not know how to proceed from here.
I'd prefer to build on Windows, if I can, but I'm not completely averse to
using Linux.  That said, I have no idea how to properly set up a Linux build
computer for NSS on Windows.

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?  If this is not the proper
place to seek such help, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!