On 08/03/2016 12:30 AM, Marjan Savli wrote:
I would like to simplify adding USB ActiveClient Reader into Firefox on
win10.
I already managed to make a batch file to simplify importing our 6
certificates into Firefox.

Manually I would do this step by step after this manual: https://www.
creaplus.si/faq/72-activclient-v-brskalniku-firefox
And if I manually add acpkcs211.dll the result is:

=========
bin\modutil.exe -dbdir %Mapa% -list

Listing of PKCS #11 Modules
   1. NSS Internal PKCS #11 Module
          slots: 2 slots attached
         status: loaded

          slot: NSS Internal Cryptographic Services
         token: NSS Generic Crypto Services

          slot: NSS User Private Key and Certificate Services
         token: NSS Certificate DB

   2. ActiveCard
         library name: C:\Program Files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acpkcs211.
dll
          slots: There are no slots attached to this module
         status: Not loaded
=========

But when I try the same action with modutil, the result is "error 193".

=========
bin\modutil.exe -dbdir %Mapa% -add "ActiveClient" -libfile "c:\Program
Files\ActivIdentity\ActivClient\acpkcs211.dll"

WARNING: Performing this operation while the browser is running could cause
corruption of your security databases. If the browser is currently running,
you should exit browser before continuing this operation. Type
'q <enter>' to abort, or <enter> to continue:

Using database directory
C:\Users\UserUE\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ib42fuyl.default...
ERROR: Failed to add module "ActiveClient". Probable cause : "error 193".
Weird 193 isn't an NSS error. NSS errors are all negative and quite large (like -8120). The string is coming from PR_Error(), so it may be an NSPR error trying to load the library, or a libc error NSPR is passing off to us that it can't translate.

The syntax looks fine. It looks like it looks like it's getting the correct database. (I'm presuming you aren't trying to add it to a database you've already added). I wonder if the tools are choking on the windows '\'. They shouldn't, but it's possible. Maybe try using unix style '/'.?

bob
=========

I can not find any description of this error.
Some help is appreciated.
Thanks.