On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 7:56 AM Jan de Mooij <jdemo...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:31 PM Lars Hansen <lhan...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> Is this useful to anyone, or could we contemplate taking it out, so that
>> flags are stable post-startup?
>

> The tests call this with a "vfp" argument. Is that something we still care
> about? We still have ARMv6 code we should start removing too (bug 1447577).

The test case is changing to use "vfp,armv7" as part of a patch that's
about to land, since it's in the wasm subdirectory and wasm requires
armv7.  Thinking about it, I could improve that patch to gate explicitly on
armv7.  I'm not sure where Ion in general gates on armv7, if it does
(haven't looked yet).

>> It's possible to set the flags using an
>> environment variable now, and this is a more well-behaved mechanism.
>>

> Fuzzing (and jit-test annotations) would probably prefer a shell flag..

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing.  A command line flag would be unproblematic
I think.  I can look into making that change.

--lars