On 02/14/2013 09:19 AM, Stefan Kienzle wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i installed a Mozilla WebApp with Firefox Nightly 21.0a1 on Windows 7 and
> it worked as expected.
> But now i have a problem – i don’t have admin privileges and the menu “add
> or remove programs” in system settings is not available. :-(
> How can i uninstall an webapp otherwise?
>
> My approach was:
> I have an html5 offline web app and i installed it from a “local” server.
> After that i have an application symbol in my windows 7 start folder.
> I installed the app with navigator.mozApps.install(manifestURL).
>
> Thanks for your answers!
>
> Kienz

you can add webappe-manage permission to your "local" server :

open the Error Console (ctrl+shift+j), copy the following code into the
'Code:' field

-------
host = 'http://your.local.server';
perm = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/permissionmanager;1"]

.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIPermissionManager);
ios = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"]
                .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIIOService);
uri = ios.newURI(host, null, null);
perm.add(uri, 'webapps-manage', 1);
'Successfully added webapps-manage permission for '+host;
-------

click 'Evaluate'

you can then use navigator.mozApps.mgmg.uninstall, ex in firebug console:
r = navigator.mozApps.getInstalled();
navigator.mozApps.mgmg.uninstall(r.result[0]); // r.result is an array
of app, check wich one you want to uninstall