On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, peter reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1.5.1 and 1.5: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Bad major version number

I do not get this on an admittedly simple build file using Blackdown's
1.1.8.  I.e. Ant 1.5.1 from the binary tar.gz version seems to work
with JDK 1.1 for me.

>      This may be fixed by recompiling ant or it may be due to the
>      fact that ant-contrib uses 1.2 isms.

Does that mean I should use one of the ant-contrib tasks to reproduce
the problem?  Maybe the ant-contrib stuff has been compiled with JDK
1.4.  Where have you obtained it (self-compiled?)?