On a related subject, one problem I have found is that there
is no portable way right now in ANT to obtain the URL of a file:

Currently we would do something like:

        <property name="fileloc" location="${myfile}"/>
        <property name="fileurl" value="file://${fileloc}"/>

but the number of "//"s is diferent for UNIX(2) and Windows(3),
and you have to do some nasty conditioning. I would like for ANT
to do this for me, transparently.

        <property name="fileurl" locationURL="${myfile}"/>

or somethig like that. You need this for passing file parameters to
<xslt/>

Jose Alberto