On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Jay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was thinking that the filters were more geared to changing text,
> not just identifiying a file has a specific content.

You are absolutely correct.  What I tried to say in my clumsy way:

We have to tasks that perform replacements, replace and replaceregexp.
We have two filter readers that select lines based on matching,
linecontains and linecontainsregexp.  Following that it would be
consistent to have to selectors based on matching, contains and
containsregexp.

> So would it be ok to make ContainsRegexpSelector under
> /ant/types/selectors that is basically the same as ContainsSelector
> but just accepts a single parm and does the regular expression
> search only?

Exactly.

> Thanks for your time on this.

Thank you