On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:44 pm, Mark McKay wrote:
> I'm trying to create a custom ant task that I can call from my build
> scripts.  Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to write a task
> that can accept a fileset and iterate through all valid files.  My best
> guess so far is below.

Mark,

Peter and Jan look to have figured out your compile issue. I would recommend,
however, that you reconsider using MatchingTask. It was the way early Ant
tasks were implements but it is not ideal. A better approach would be to use
an addFileset(FileSet fs) method and process that fileset (or multiple
filesets) in your execute method.

Your task then has an explicit fileset

<task>
  <fileset .../>