Peter Reilly wrote:

Subject:
Ant bug# 26300
From:
Adam Levine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:04:24 -0600
To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've read the noted documentation on the manifest format. The problem is I'm not generating this manigest - ant is. And i'm getting class not found errors from the results.

If i explode the jar, edit the manifest by hand to put it all on one line, even tho that's against the spec, repackage it and run it, it works fine.

So, would you not think this is a problem with the generated manifest, the one I have no control over?

this is happening on all machines tested on thus far (solaris, windows) and diff't jdks.. 1.3, 1.4.. and v 1.5 and 1.6 of Ant.

Where would you suggest I take this issue now?  to sun?

thanks

Rethink your business approach for the new year with the helpful tips here. http://special.msn.com/bcentral/prep04.armx

Hi,

I think we should check what Adam Levine is writing - that is that jars made with ant which have a folded class path in the manifest are not usable.

The issue should be certainly taken to Sun if it is confirmed and against the Java spec.

Meanwhile we could add in ant the possibility of not folding classpaths in manifest, even if it is against the spec, so that users can live.

Antoine