On Dec 9, 2009, at 10:55 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

Hi,

this mail is just summarizing the changes we've made so people can yell
now before we release anything if anything is wrong.

<import> has a few changes:

* the importing build file can determine the target prefix of the
  imported targets (it still defaults to the imported project's name)

* the importing build file can override the character(s) separating the
  prefix and the target name (it still defaults to ".")

* it can import multiple resources in one task

* it can import any file- or URL-providing resource (<javaresource>
  provides URLs).

And we've added a new task <include> which is similar to <import> with
the following differences:

* target names are always prefixed, they are not additionally available
  by their plain name outside of the included build file.

* the depends-attribute of an included target is rewritten to use
  prefixed target names.  This means an included build file is
  self-contained and you always know which targets will be executed.
  There is no target-overriding.

* a resource can be included more than once if you use different
  prefixes.

What's the usefulness of this last?

-Matt