At the beggining of the documentation you say "In addition you will need a
minimal POM for your jar".

Are you planning to maintain dependencies in both ivy.xml / pom.xml
manually?
Ivy offers a task that can generate a pom.xml from a given ivy.xml (
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/use/makepom.html). However the
support is quite limited and provided many limations.

I'll get back later with some additional informations on the limitations and
already possible alternatives.

Stay tuned :p