I'm not part of the regular dev team, but I would say go ahead and submit a PR. During the past few weeks, I have tried to respond to JIRA issues wherever I could and I have also submitted some PRs. Although there hasn't really been much development on that front, I plan to stick around to see if anything improves at least a month more.

From what I have seen so far, it's been more of promises that things could improve but there hasn't been any realistic changes on the development side.

-Jaikiran