On 2018-04-11, Matt Benson wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018, 11:03 AM Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

>> We did have one big "cleanup" commit which has been the one that brought
>> us the regressions in 1.10.2 and I deeply regret not taking the time
>> reviewing the change back then.

> I'm pretty sure I was the perpetrator of said commit and wanted to offer my
> apologies.

I didn't mean to single you out. It is incredibly hard to review diffs
with several thousand lines (or multiple diffs with several hundred) and
this is not only true for the reviewer but also for the person who
created the change. It is way to easy to miss the dropped exclamation
mark or the stripped null guard in this situtation.

Personally I prefer cleanups in smaller doses by now, i.e. fix code when
I'm making changes close by anyway, and leave it alone otherwise.