On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 10:00, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

> There is no cycle: core <- testutil <- tests of core
>
> It is just Maven's model that doesn't allow you to introduce test scope
> dependencies that depend on your code under test. A model I disagree
> with.
>
> So in the maven POMs we might be cheating Maven, but only because we
> have to circumvent Maven's model which doesn't fit ours.

Maven wants to isolate each module [1]. This is where I went down the
rabbit hole
and lost sight of the bigger picture, namely, that POM build creates
isolation on the fly
(which is cheating on Maven :-), because I was thinking of launcher-core
and core-junit
interdependencies on the test level, and I'd still like to figure out a way
of running
all Ant tests in Surefire while producing artifacts corresponding to Ant
build as closely as possible.

Gintas

[1]
https://blog.sonatype.com/2010/01/how-to-create-two-jars-from-one-project-and-why-you-shouldnt/