Hi Stefan,

could you explain a bit more why we should EOL the 1.9.x branch?

Personally, I think it's a mistake to abondon the Java 5 support.
I think there are still projects around targetting java 5, 6 or 7 using Ant as
build tool.

For instance, one of the reasons we are still using Ant 1.9.x is that we have
some projects that require to run on Java 6.
Upgrading these projects to Java 8 is not yet possible, since some dependencies
are not Java 8 compatible.
I don't know if you tried to run some junit tests on a java 6 jre with an Ant
1.10.x release, it isn't possible, even in forked mode.

But maybe you can convince me with some good arguments :-)

Maarten

Op woensdag 20 mei 2020 13:24:12 CEST schreef Stefan Bodewig