Hello,

I have to pass a secret to an Exec task (in a custom Ant plugin), and one
way to do that is to pipe the output of another command line to this exec
task.

First, is there a way to programmatically pass the output this command line
to an Exec task ? Usage of my task would be something like:
<IndexRebuild passphraseCmdLine="/path/to/getpasswd.sh ID ID" />.
In my Java file, I first do some logic, then instantiate the Exec object,
fill parameters and execute it. Apart from setInput and setInputString, I
don't see any way to pipe the output.

I've tried setInputString, but the passphrase is visible when using "ant
-v", and I'd like to avoid that. I'd also like to avoid having to use
temporary files with the passphrase, as this is usually not very secure.
Is it possible to use the Redirector element from Java code ?

Thanks !

--
Gilles QUERRET

Riverside Software
91 chemin des églantiers • 69440 Taluyers • France
Mob : +33 662.525.532