Hello,
I was just made aware of this discussion and thought I would share a bit.  We
use Ant+Ivy and Eclipse+IvyDE here (Thomson Reuters) to support dozens of java
projects.  IvyDE has been working very well for the past many years and I have
only minor issues with it form time to time.  Mostly an eclipse restart and ivy
refresh fixes it.  So a big "thank you" to all the maintainers over the years.
Ant+Ivy has kept us out of Maven or Gradle tangles.

In terms of ongoing maintenance, I have picked up the Groovy Eclipse tools
(https://github.com/groovy/groovy-eclipse) and the Microsoft Team Explorer
tools (https://github.com/microsoft/team-explorer-everywhere), so I do have
experience with Eclipse IDE development.  If someone wants help getting builds
run and update sites created and verified, I can help with that.  If there are
bugs in IvyDE that need attention, I could help with that as well.

It sounds to me like Ivy and IvyDE -- even as a retired subproject -- should
move out from under Apache Ant.  Just for my clarity, is Apache Ivy a top-level
project or a subproject of Apache Ant?

Eric Milles
ASF member/contributor
Apache Groovy PMC member