questions).
This hasn't been answered yet.
Nicolai

Subject: [api-dev] Making of a non-modal dialog
Date: Samstag 07 Oktober 2006 17:23
From: Nicolai Stange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@api.openoffice.org

Hello,
I want to write an Addon  for Calc (implemented as an asynchronous job) that
shows an non-modal dialog. It really should be non-modal because the user
must input a cell-range and doing it non-modal allows him to look at his
cells and scroll them while typing. Maybe he may select the desired cells
within the Calc-Window and my Dialog is listening for changes in selection...

So how to do that?
At the moment I'm creating a dialog through
the "com.sun.star.awt.UnoControlDialog"-service and associate a previously
initialized "com.sun.star.awt.UnoControlDialogModel" with it.
Then I create a PeerWindow for my Dialog through the XControl of the former
service by calling its createPeer-method.

All I get is a modal-dialog.

I tried the second argument of createPeer (the parent peer) with any
combination of
Calc-XFrame;com.sun.star.frame.desktop-XFrame   <->
getContainerWindow();getComponentWindow()
with queryInterfacing for their return-value's XWindowPeer-interface.

Debugging with jdb shows me, that the windows recived through
com.sun.star.frame.desktop's methods are both null for my implementation.

So is there a way to make the dialog's window open up non-modal or shall I
give the following advise to my users: "First think, then make a note,
finally click"?

Thanks

Nicolai Stange