De: "Mathias Bauer" <nospamfor...@gmx.de>
À: dev@api.openoffice.org
Envoyé: Mardi 15 Mars 2011 19:17:30
Objet: [api-dev] Re: How to retrieve the state of the feature "Format >
AutoCorrect > While Typing" in Writer ?

On 28.02.2011 14:07, Thibault Vataire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to programmatically retrieve the state of the feature "Format>
> AutoCorrect>  While Typing" in Writer.
>
> I've tried two ways but none works properly :
>
> 1/ Reading the corresponding property in the Writer.xcu configuration
> file. But this value don't seem to be updated when application is
> running, only when the application is shutting down.

That's intended; you should see the xcu files as an implementation
detail that shouldn't be accessed at runtime.

> 2/ I can read the state of the menu's entry :
>
> myFrame.LayoutManager.getElement("private:resource/menubar/menubar").XMenuBar.getPopupMenu(itemId1).(...).isItemChecked(itemId2)
>
>  But this value is really updated only if the menu "AutoCorrect" is
> displayed one more time after the value has changed.

This isn't a good idea.

> Is someone known another way to retrieve this value ?

You could register a StatusListener for ".uno:OnlineAutoFormat" (IIRC).
But this means that you have to do that at every frame.

It should be possible to register a ConfigurationUpdateListener for the
corresponding key in the xcu file, but it's possible that it doesn't
work either because Writer caches this setting internally. That would be
a bug, but I assume that this doesn't make it better. I'm afraid you
have to find that out.

Regards,

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".